I was getting very pessimistic about connecting with anyone; I've been dealing with grief that has taken me by complete surprise. I found out that a very, very amazing and rare soul, someone who was by my side for the months that followed the passing of my own family members about 5 years ago, had lost their life in a tragic accident. I never got to say goodbye or really grieve; it's been hard, and I still don't think I've fully processed or dealt with the whole thing, to be totally candid.
I spent about 2 or 3 days literally just feeling the darkness, regret, fear, anxiety, and grief starting to swallow me whole. I hadn't had to deal with this hard of a loss alone; that was thanks to this one friend, but they're now who I'm mourning. So who do I go to? I was slowly realizing that I couldn't really trust or let anyone in. I don't hear from anyone unless it's me first, which I normally wouldn't mind, but I think I do, and always have.
I felt like no one cared to hear about it or to understand why I stopped reaching out and doing my usual check-ins with them like I normally would. I'm not shy about double-, triple-, even quadruple-texting anyone in my life. I'd rather my circle of people always know that I'm thinking of them and that I see them in every little corner and experience of life, no matter how big or small. But once the reach-outs pause on my end... suddenly it's silence; I guess I've always felt like the friend who isn't necessarily "forgotten," but more of a second or last thought/invite.
Lately it's been different; I've been putting myself out more, doing the reach-outs and texting, but to the people that reciprocate, and making myself go out to find a reason to give the love and affection to the ones who want it. I think maybe I've just been asking the wrong people to be in my life and to love me because with certain friends and with this group it's just... different in the best way.
Man, I really just adore my time spent with my girl Cruz; we've been able to lean on each other through those annoying day-to-day issues and even bigger moments I'd always be alone for. We tried out pickleball and showed up at a Love Island watch party with girls we've never met to encourage ourselves and each other to find a community and try new things. I thank any higher power that we're both here for each other at this point in our lives. We took a chance, put ourselves out there, and found such a great circle and new sport/hobby. WIN!
Awww girlhood all the way! (,,>ヮ<,,)
ReplyDeleteI love it so much 😩 ♡
Deleteit's so funny that i'm reading this and kind of going through the same thing (in regards to an original group lacking) as you. it's so hard to put yourself out there as an adult so i'm proud of you! your group photo is sooooo cute and i'm glad you've found the friends who bring the same energy as you. i've slowly started to push myself out there but it's hard! your post gives me hope <3
ReplyDeletelove,
cherry
right?! omg I was starting to lose all hope of ever feeling like I could meet new people. As a child, it seemed so simple and easy... but I guess that it actually IS that easy!! lol! These girls have been so awesome; it makes all of the times I spent worrying I'd never experience a true girlhood friendship feel so silly!! ♡ ⋆。˚❀
Delete